Hiya and welcome to Chatty Zebra Curriculum! We are a family run business making interest led topic based workbooks and learning packs to make your home educating journey stress free and full of fun!
We have been home educating our own children for over 5 years; both are Neurodiverse with a range of conditions including Autism, Adhd, Dyspraxia and Apraxia. We found it really hard to find resources that they engaged with and worked for their different learning styles. So we created our own…and Chatty Zebra Curriculum was born!
We know how stressful it can be trying to find resources that your children engage with and find exciting, and even more so when trying to find the budget for learning materials! We never want to put anyone in that situation and so you can find free download workbooks to see if our resources work for your family’s learning style before you buy!
1. Affordable: we try to keep our prices low so that they are affordable for all families. We also have a Summer & Winter sale and each week we feature a different workbook half price as our Workbook of the Week!
2. Inclusive: from our own family’s experience we know that children learn in different ways and that they have strengths that should be allowed to shine! We also know not every child is able to confidently write, and feel strongly that this shouldn’t prevent them recording their thoughts and ideas. We use a variety of different layouts allowing for children to write or draw their answers. We also aim for our workbooks to be open-ended to allow for children to answer in their own voices regardless of their abilities, follow their interests within subjects and feel like they have autonomy over their work. This style has had huge success with even the most demand avoidant children who have asked to do their workbooks even in their free time!
3. Multi-Curricular: Each workbook has a central learning theme and then we bring in different learning skills around it to extend learning and dive deeper into subjects. Your child may love the Egyptians and want to learn more; using our workbook not only will they cover the History but also geography, arts, crafts, religion, cooking and creative writing!
4. Hands on Learning: Maria Montessori said that we learn through our hands, and we definitely find that our children remember and recall more when pairing their written work with arts, crafts, recipes and experiments. You will find hands on learning activities in all of our workbooks; making learning come alive and fun for the whole family!
5. Stress Free Home Learning Prep: it can be hard trying to find resources to make up a whole unit, so we have done it for you! All you need is one of our workbooks and access to research; be it library books or YouTube! Because of the adaptable worksheets they really can be used for the whole family; emerging writers may dictate their answers for you to write, and wish to focus more on the drawing. Whereas confident writers may go into more depth with their research and written responses.
We love hearing from you all. If you ever have any questions or suggestions please always feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why not subscribe to our email so we can let you know about our Workbook of the Week or deals and offers we have?
Or find us on Instagram or join our Facebook group! We love to see how you use our workbooks so please feel free to tag us in what you share :)